And Then

Thoughts Began To Fly

Three-some-thoughts

Published by Aakarsh under on Monday, May 09, 2005
PART-I

Romantic youngsters, drunk with dreams of triumph,
all have pedalled off to continents afar,
just like the birds in the evening sky,fast-flying,
and alone here, I talk, now and then, with every star.

Now I'm trying to retrace their route,
with a high here and there, a fall..
the steep ascents turn my lips mute,
yet I move with the dreams I often recall.

and when I march forth toward the future,
the past, I won't discard, as a thing outworn.
in its garden, its my own dreams I nurture,
hoping to bloom them in my life,one day,beautylorn.

PART-II

"What have i lived for? What have i created?",
the answers I can't recall and yet I haven't lived in vain,
but on my own terms, and sometimes other's ,though belated,
Myself, my dear ones and thoughts-again and yet again.

Perhaps, it may not be easy to realize,
Hard and clear, that you have to die,
And all this beauty before your eyes,
Would fade along with your last restless sigh.

but few relationships can weave two spirits akin,
and such bonds can survive the grimmest death.
at the end,one must go through thick and thin,
and live...live on while able to draw breath.

PART-III

Yes, greeting every new day with kindly rhyme,
casting off my numbness and discarding fear,
I come out to meet my poetry, my time,
my words,music, bringing thoughts of beauty near.

My journey, I continue,dispelling doubt,
in steep paths, with each new poem, I'm a new man,
and once again a sweet metaphor of beauty hold out,
her rosy cheek,which if I want to kiss, I can...

2 comments:

Random Walker said... @ Wednesday, May 11, 2005 10:33:00 PM

the effect of recent happenings i believe!

Ragz said... @ Wednesday, May 18, 2005 2:12:00 AM

Thats a nice one buddy! Now this is what I call a poem. Not those punchline verses. Would like to see more of this more often

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum