And Then

Thoughts Began To Fly

Profoundly for the Unfound

Published by Aakarsh under on Friday, May 20, 2005
I thought I would paint love’s image,
in its own colours and shades.
But that’s deep in the canvas of my heart.
Would you see that if there was no light?

I thought I would sing love’s song,
In its own tune and melody.
But that sounds only in my silent eyes.
Would you hear that in a crowd then?

I thought I would dance to love’s song,
In its own steps and rhythms.
But my limbs awaken to them only in your absence.
Would you see that in your dreams then?

I thought I would write love’s words,
In its own meaning and language.
But they elude my thoughts and I write nothing.
Would you read them on a blank paper then?

EPILOGUE :

In the night, the song came to me,
But you were not there.
It found the words, hues, tunes and rhythms,
Which I had been seeking all day.
In a stillness of moment, after dark,
They all throbbed into music,
To which even the angels danced.
And the stars began to pulse with light.
But you were not there.
My hope was to sing it to you in the morning.
But as I tried, though the music came,
The words hung back,
When you were beside me...

2 comments:

Ragz said... @ Friday, May 20, 2005 12:26:00 PM

Mr. Gulzar ....Mr. Gulzar ....Why cant he hear me..Pch! Mr. GULZAR If you can please read this. It'kll probably remind you of your days with Pancham

palamoor-poragadu said... @ Saturday, May 21, 2005 2:33:00 PM

" Would you read them on a blank paper then? "

Excellent ...

I have been seeing that trend in you poems from enigmatic to classical to cut-throat simplistic beauty ...

just carry on and dont stop ... there are too many silent observers listening and enjoying in the shadows... iam but one basking in that cool breeze...

btw this is vidyanath

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum