And Then

Thoughts Began To Fly

Published by Aakarsh under on Saturday, October 29, 2005
The thought of writing poetry,
gives me a greater pleasure..
than writing a poem itself.
From early dawn, I finish odd jobs,
With eager breath, knowing that,
When the right time comes,
A hushed silence would guard my door,
And a sweet fragrance would fill the room.
Only then, I shall begin to write,
my much awaited line.
A few verses in my note-book,
And I close my eyes.
A sweet dream of new poems,
Plays in my eyes.
Yet I don’t write a poem.
If people make a hurried request,
I smile with a glint of mischief.
“what’s the hurry?”, I reply,
“I’ll write when I feel like”.

Now and then my mind soars,
Far beyond the horizon of crimson desires,
A precious breeze blows,
My unwritten poems embrace me,
In a playful mood,
Like the waves on the bosom of a river.
These words yet to be born,
Like flowers half grown, leave me,

Only to come back, time and again…

5 comments:

HB Pencil said... @ Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:18:00 AM

Have you read Neruda's "How poetry came to me"?

Aakarsh said... @ Sunday, October 30, 2005 2:40:00 PM

No... never even heard of it? is it a novel? or poetry?

HB Pencil said... @ Sunday, October 30, 2005 8:34:00 PM

Poetry. Here's the link:
http://www.poetseers.org/nobel_prize_for_literature/pablo_neruda_(1971)/pablop/poetry_arrived/

A translation, of course.

Aakarsh said... @ Sunday, October 30, 2005 10:25:00 PM

HB Pencil:

cool one. i never heard of him..just checking out his works..now that u have given the link..thanks a lot

Gandaragolaka said... @ Tuesday, November 01, 2005 4:38:00 PM

I will buy "il postino" if I see it somewhere. It has some of his poetry.

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum