And Then

Thoughts Began To Fly

Dancing Soul

Published by Aakarsh under on Sunday, November 13, 2005
Rewind : In the year 2002, a friend gave a cue,"Dancing Soul", to me and ravi. and we both decided to come up with whatever we could think off, from this phrase "Dancing Soul". We did. This is my version, in which, i took the liberty to use the title of a composition by "Shakti" (one of the greatest fusion bands..which had John McLaughin,Zakir Hussain,L.Shankar). The last four lines, comprise that title ( not just the title..even the track is amazing, if at all, any of you have heard it...).I do not have Ravi's version with me but i would be glad if he can put it up on his blog.

Beyond the day sky,
Rinsed in the rays of red,
And the night sky, jeweled,
With stars and smiles of moonlight,
The dark clouds and silhouettes,
With rainbows sweeping across…
Beyond the bounded ecstasies,
And torrents of pain,
Faceless anonymities called shadows,
Starving reflections called images,
Breezy waves of realities,
And fluttering curtains of illusions…

Beyond the streams of time,
From which bubble the eternal questions,
Of life and death,
Scattering my body,
To longings and meditations,
I drift giving up,
My only possession—freedom,
On the pinnacles of sheer delight,
Only to seek his love,
For freedom is of earth,
And love is of heaven.

And my creeping visions,
Set my numb sensations awake,
With a slicing melody,
And vibrant rhythms,
When I felt him, within,
And beyond the horizons of crimson desires.
Amidst the audience of angels,
What need I have for that,
What need I have for this,
I am dancing at the feet of my lord,

All is bliss…… all is bliss.

3 comments:

Random Walker said... @ Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:55:00 AM

i lost it (read purposefully). good to say hi to older stuff.

Aakarsh said... @ Tuesday, November 15, 2005 11:57:00 AM

hmm..let bygones be bygones..but why let it go.

Ragz said... @ Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:35:00 AM

Dancing soul eh! I think i read this one ra, but I havent read Ravi's version. Dancing Sole Ravi!!! Pranking souls were we! :)) If you remember.

"Kutra Mithradroham and Kamal" :)) Belive me I am laughing mu guts off

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum