And Then

Thoughts Began To Fly

A Liaison with Life

Published by Aakarsh under on Thursday, June 16, 2005
someone said it "old shelves need to be dusted".. so counting on that i am doing the best of what i can do now..instead of posting a new writing on my blog, i am posting an old one..ok..slapdashrandom will remind me that blog is not supposed to be a "history text book", but easy! now and then, when i revisit same thoughts (or ice versa)..i revisit the same writing.. though i have a lot to putup..i am unable to squeeze out time to colour my thoughts..so, just to be in league, here is my (old) sin.

Dusk hour, sinking sun on orange skyline,
The dying rays of red glimmering dim,
On the still shimmer sheets of water.
Walking on the steady stretches of sand,
Bemused by the boatman ballads,
I coax my mind to a cold calmness,
But weird waves of wayward thoughts,
With many unanswered questions,
Rise restlessly, splashing on its shores,

Casting a shadow of mute melancholy.

But a wondrous wave wildly dissolves them,
Urging me get over the gloom,
For the answers I seek are hidden playfully,
In the taut and titillating trenches of time,
Carelessly camouflaged by illusions and realities,
Where each answer opens by itself,
From the childish choices I chance upon.

But now, why brood over burdensome boredom,
Pondering pensively over perplexing puzzles of life,
When trivial elements of ethereal enchantments,
Pass by me seamlessly, now and then,
Enticing me to enlive each moment,
With the joys of a kind, outlasting themselves.

I enjoy the raining moonshine, spraying on daffodils,
The boatman ballads, the butterfly kisses,
The dark sky studded with a shy starshine,
The mellow moods of music and words,
And my own breath, jeweled with a joy,
Of having a lovely liaison with life,
With smiles to share, with the ones I care,
With hopes and dreams woven in the desires of delight.
All these touch my life with intimate warmth,
In the changing colours of my thoughts,
All the while reminding me in repeated chime,
To take care of my spare moments,
For they are the golden dust of time…

5 comments:

Random Walker said... @ Monday, June 20, 2005 10:15:00 PM

classic!!

palamoor-poragadu said... @ Tuesday, June 21, 2005 7:46:00 AM

Wow ... so "colourful"... thoughts, moods, actions, questions, answers ...


and my picks ...

"Where each answer opens by itself,
From the childish choices I chance upon."

"...When trivial elements of ethereal enchantments,
Pass by me seamlessly, now and then,..."


zabardast!!!

Gandaragolaka said... @ Friday, June 24, 2005 10:08:00 AM

OK.. I am going to reveal to you my lil secret of poetry...

"titillating tranches of time"
"raining moonshine, spraying on daffodils"
"boatman ballads, butterfly kisses"

I cant come up with such beautiful phrases...the problem lies in the fact that I cant describe something that is limited to that moment... so I add an element of time... a sort of a overlaying story theme with an inner meaning.

The day I learn such such descriptions, I may be worthy of being called a poet.

Ragz said... @ Saturday, June 25, 2005 7:05:00 AM

The first 2 paras though in symphony appreared weird to me. But I guess even Muller from X-Files felt the same...

I like it. Good one bro...Definetely one which will grow

divya said... @ Friday, July 15, 2005 11:47:00 AM

never knew it was humanly possilble to make smone else fall in love wid life again!thank u for makin me find my liason with life!ineffably beautiful...

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum