And Then

Thoughts Began To Fly

Envoi as Envoy

Published by Aakarsh under on Saturday, May 06, 2006
When we two first met, my heart sang out in music,
“ She who is eternally afar is beside you for ever”.
That music is silent, for I believed,
that love is always near, and never far
and have forgotten that she is far, far away.
But being far, she came near,

and sang my unsung thoughts.
Music fills the infinite between two souls,
And this has been muffled by a mist unknown.

On shy summer nights, alone in my room,
When the breeze brings a vast murmur out of the silence,
I sit up in my bed and long for her who is beside me.
I ask myself,” when shall I have another chance to whisper,
To her words with the rhythm of eternity in them?”
Wake up my dear song, put on the wings of my thoughts,
And fly to my beloved there,

In the endless surprise of our first meeting…

4 comments:

etoile said... @ Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:12:00 PM

hmmm...very well written.
what is[or should i say who is ;)] the secret behind all these 'fragrant' verses of yours??

Random Walker said... @ Sunday, May 07, 2006 8:34:00 PM

the muse has changed hues. for the better. simple and hence brilliant!

Nikhil Narayanan said... @ Tuesday, May 09, 2006 12:57:00 PM

tnx dude
but I dint win any prize there..jus one of the "all correct" entries.. and how did u get to know that

Anonymous said... @ Monday, June 19, 2006 6:19:00 AM

too good thoughts well wrapped in beautiful words

Post a Comment

 

Lipsum